Wednesday, January 14, 2009

This, That

After a month of pain and suffering, exams ended, leaving me a mere shadow of my former shelf. 'You look like the wreck of the Hesperus' Plum Wodehouse would have told me could he have seen me then. Or maybe ' You look like something the cat brought in.'

After that, I had to have fun. So I played cricket with friends for a while. But I was horrible at it, and lost all matches. Then I thought I would watch some movies. Day before yesterday, I watched Australia. It was way too long, it could have been two and a half movies or so. 

And after 3 hours of Australia a reasonable person would have taken a well-deserved rest. Me, I allowed myself to be persuaded to watch Ghazini. 3 hours and 15 minutes and a lot of Rajnikanth-esque action. And with 3 hours of Ghaz and 3 hours of Aus,  it felt like Hugh Jackman and Amir Khan were doing 'dhishum dhishum' inside my head.

Yesterday, I went on a mini-picnic with some friends to Diamond Harbour.  We started too late and it was too hot when we got there. It turned out to be a wrong choice of place, not much to be seen around. We looked for some peaceful, quiet spot but the place was cluttered with pilgrims to Gangasagar Mela. After moving to and fro for some 45 minutes, we decided to call it a day. 

But the weird thing is, even though the stuff we did was lousy, doing it together was a lot of fun! 




No comments: