Thursday, January 8, 2009

Happy New Year

Isn't 8th Jan a tad late to wish us happy new year, I can almost hear my readers cry. Oh, now you remember us, a passionate reader is sure to growl. (Voice in head : And whom are you trying to deceive, my dear sir? You have not readers.  Voice 2: Yeah, but ya gotta Fake it till ya Make it. Know what I'm sayin, kiddo? Voice 1 : Don't call me kiddo, sir. Voice 3: The way this post is being written at the moment makes me rather glad that there are no readers)

Eh, where was I? Oh yeah, that's precisely the question I was about to answer. I was busy with my exams. It's been a month since exams started. First there was the competitive exams like NET and then the semesters.  Speaking of semesters, here's a funny story. There's a guy I know, he has a  great memory. Now he has totally memorised all the stuff profs gave us before the exam. Then we see him asking the guy sitting next to him something. And we think ' This shouldn't happen, that guy never forgets.' And then we hear what he's asking : ' Which page of which hand-out does this question correspond to?' And the next guy says 'handout 3, page 6' and the guy immediately gets started, lightening fast! 

( And if you are one of my, heh, international readers from some first world nation and are wondering if it's possible to do  Masters in Science in India this way, the answer is unfortunately yes in most cases.)

Anyways, I was hip-deep in shit doing some serious memorising myself ( about a week before the exam we were given a 150 page hand-out for our Plasma Physics exam. I still remember the definition of plasma, but not much else) . So I was, as you must have realised by now, detained by circumstances and couldn't wish you. And with no more ado, I will do so : HAPPY NEW YEAR !! The last year may have been one of the worst, but here's hoping that this will be a  good, good year.  

 





2 comments:

ad libber said...

Dear Voice 3, there are readers. They also happen to like Voice 2 very much.
Happy New Year to all the Voices.

Nirmalya said...

Ooh, first comment! Thankyousomuch, ad libber!