Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Back to School

Attending the 4th AKR School on General Relativity  at SINP was a pretty interesting, if exhausting experience. We learned a real lot about GR and Cosmology in the past two weeks, stuff that I'm still trying to digest. 

 The daily schedule was  like this : from 10:15 to 1:30, lectures. Then Lunch. Again from 2:30 to 5:45 tutorials where we worked out problems based on what we learned. It was pretty cool. But it was also pretty tiring, given that SINP is about one and a half hours from me home.


It was also interesting to meet new people. I made some new friends : Irshad from Delhi U, Himadri from Baroda U, Soumi from Brabourne, Dibakar da and Sumit from NBU, Deeptimoy da from TIFR and the gang from SXC. Best of luck to all these people! 

I understand that when speaking of such serious matters as GR and Cosmo, one shouldn't digress to topics of food. But being the shameless foodie that I am, I can't help mentioning that the food was excellent. I can rave about the Ilish machh and Pathar mungsho for days. Sadly, Irshad and Himadri found Bengali preparations too sweet and had a tough time, food-wise. It scares me to think what will happen to me when I step out of my little state, into the big bad world of non-Bengali  khana. Aaaaargh!!!

There, there. Have some mishti doi and don't worry about it. 




No comments: